The REAL Self Defense, 8-hour Clinch & Cloth Certification Course will teach you to protect yourself with...
• Closed–Contracted Forearm Shields
• Covered–Entry Intercept Tactics
• Shoe–Shining Punch Combinations
• Clinch-with-Clothing to Hold & Entangle
• Counterattacks with Striking & Takedowns
During winter months, warm jackets are worn by most people venturing outdoors. This 'Made in Canada' personal protection solution focuses on controls, restraint and defense tactics, using an Attacker's own clothing as a weapon against him.
- stand-up grappling using grips, leverage, holds, entanglement, headbutts, takedowns and throws using the jacket
- devastating 'hockey-fight' style striking while keeping opponent destabilized and defensive
- 'crazy monkey' forearm shields to defend incoming strikes from the Attacker
- crash & intercept using safe, covered entries to get close to the Attacker and establish grips on his jacket
- 'shoe-shining' close-range strike combinations to overwhelm the Attacker with a flurry of punches
This individual training module is part of an ongoing, functional personal protection and Officer & Security series.
WHERE: Wise Warrior Gym • 14511 130 Ave NW, Edmonton AB
WHEN: Mondays • 8:00pm – 9:30pm
WHO: Calen Paine • 780–667–9911
COST: first class is always FREE OF CHARGE
For 20 years Wise Warrior Gym® has provided the province of Alberta with comprehensive and functional conflict resolution and self defense training. The overriding philosophy presented in every REAL Self Defense™ module is to use alert awareness and verbal de-escalation to avoid or escape a confrontation before it can intensify to physical violence. Specific legalities of defending yourself are emphasized throughout the training process. Each of the six certification programs are presented in a 6 month cycle and are self-contained 8-hour modules that will benefit the student independent of the other training modules.
Now a 5 DVD set! CIT–PRO is the foundational empty-hand self defense training program that instructs you how to enhanced your security and safety with core principles, practical strategies and the techniques to prevent real world violence. You will learn to enhance your awareness, how to verbally diffuse a situation to avoid confrontation and the functional physical skills needed to deal with violent aggression then get to safety.