Check out October's seminars and events, including a lecture on the Psychology of Self Defense, plus the next installment in our Well-Being, Health & Fitness seminar series: Core Engagement for Optimal Posture, Breathing & Bracing.
Sign up to receive emails if you would like news, events, & special offers delivered to your inbox.
October Seminars & Special Events
TRI-Systems Lecture: Psychology of Self Defense
Wednesday October 3 (6:30 – 8:30 pm)
- Presented by Coach Ryan Lawless from Untapped: Physical Culture
- System 0, Part 2: Anti-Mindset, Unpacking Fears, & Setting Goals to Overcome Obstacles
- This lecture will take place instead of REAL Self Defense class on October 3rd
- Free lecture. Members & non-Members welcome
Hard Target Self Defense Seminar
Saturday October 20 (9 am – 3 pm)
- Our monthly self defense seminar. Part of the Hard Target Introduction Program
- Register online
Core Engagement: Posture, Breathing & Bracing
Saturday October 27 (1:30 – 3 pm)
- Presented by Coach Marc Roy, Personal Training Specialist
- Get aligned with optimal posture, breathing, and bracing for your every day life with fundamental core exercises
- Benefits include relaxation and de-stressing, strength, balance, alleviating back pain, and much more
- The 2nd in our Well-Being Health & Fitness seminar series running once per month this Fall
- $20. Register in advance. Open to members and non-members
Contact us or give Calen a call at 780-667-9911 for questions.
Regular Classes & Programs
Hard Target Introduction Program:
Short-term training in self-defense
Upcoming seminar date: Saturday October 20, 9am-3pm
- Includes 3 weeks of full access to REAL Self Defense classes
- Our award-winning Hard Target seminar
- PLUS 1 free MMA class
You can register online to reserve your spot.
Martial Arts for the Mind:
October Dates TBA
- Theme: Part 4 of Communication & Relationship
- Feelings, oh those f*%ing feelings! Emotional management when used in communication, and hearing feelings & needs.
REAL Self Defense:
We are starting Module 2 Ground Zero Defense: When the fight goes to the ground.
- Anti-clinch: If he can't get a hold of you, he can't take you down
- Grounded Superior: When you're up and the attacker is down
- Grounded Inferior: You're down and the attacker is standing
- Grounded: Both yourself & attacker are on the ground
Mixed Martial Arts – Street Sport Solutions:
Good news: look out for a schedule change this month that includes more grappling each week. Ongoing curriculum in weapons, stand-up, clinch, and ground.
Little Warriors Kids Class:
Kids learn functional self defense and MMA with Coach Kyla through play, games, and drills. Kids classes are once per week on Wednesday evenings.