Check out August's self defense and MMA events in Edmonton, including an upcoming seminar with Guest Coach Ryan Lawless. Plus, learn what Wise Warrior Gym is up to this month in Ecuador.
Wise Warrior Gym in Ecuador
I am greatly honoured to be heading to Quito, Ecuador in early August to join forces with Maria Velasco, a volunteer of Idealist.org Ecuador.
I will be certifying Maria and other volunteers to become instructors of Hard Target REAL Self Defense so they can offer functional self defense to women and girls in their community.
Ecuador has high rates of sexual violence and abuse, and I applaud the efforts of these individuals and groups who are tackling gender violence prevention from as many angles as possible.
August Seminar & Fall Preview
We're one month through our summer theme! In the fall we will continue to offer a Ground 'n' Pound class. We will also be introducing an MMA-S3 striking program. Stay Tuned!
As for what's coming up in August, we're bringing in Coach Ryan Lawless to get his take on Ground 'n' Pound.
Those of you who have been to Ryan's seminars are aware he always brings a fresh approach and functional insights. Check out all our August events below.
Seminars & Events
Fascial Ball Rolling with Janice Kalyta, RMT
Wednesday August 7, 21, & 28 (8:15 – 9:15 pm)
- Add ball rolling technique to your health and rehab toolbox with Janice Kalyta of Magic Hands Human & K-9 Therapy
- Learn how to properly engage the fascia to release tension and stress throughout your body
- Beginners welcome. Great for athletes and non-athletes alike.
Hard Target Self Defense Seminar
Saturday August 17 (9 am – 3 pm)
- Become a hard target for crime with our award-winning, one-day self defense seminar
- 100% of participants felt more confident, empowered, and prepared to defend themselves after taking this training
- Advanced registration required
- Learn More
Ground & Pound Seminar with Guest Coach Ryan Lawless
Saturday August 24 (1:30 – 4 pm)
- Ryan expands our Ground 'n' Pound Summer with his insights and experience on topics such as clinch-striking, top game, and surviving on the bottom
- $45, open to members and non-members
- Talk to Calen to register
Martial Arts for the Mind Lectures
Summer Dates TBD (8 pm – 9:30 pm)
- Our functional philosophy Martial Arts for the Mind program
- The Emotional Entity, Part 2
- Newcomers always welcome. Classes are included in membership or $20 drop-in for non-members