Wishing all my students, coaches, friends and family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I hope the holiday season is a peaceful, restful, and reflective time for you.
Never too young to start! Thank you to the ladies (and the little one) who joined us for fodada's 8th annual International Women's Self Defense Day.
We're all bad at...
Last week I had the honour of speaking at Men Edmonton Circle on the topic of men's health, well-being and fitness for "Movember."
One thing I pointed out is: WE ALL SUCK AT SELF-CARE! Men especially can be conditioned to "suck it up" and ignore hurt and pain signals. The takeaway is to NOT wait to start taking better care of your body and your mind.
This month was also busy with teaching security and non-abusive restraint courses for human services workers. I'm looking forward to moving into a more relaxed holiday season.
Wishing you Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year in advance!
- Calen Paine
December Seminars & Special Events
Hard Target Self Defense Seminar
Saturday December 7 (9 am – 3 pm)
- Become a hard target for crime with our award-winning, one-day self defense seminar
- 100% of participants felt more confident, empowered, and prepared to defend themselves after taking this training
- Advanced registration required!
- Click to learn more or register!
No Classes for the Holidays
Tuesday December 24 to Wednesday January 1
- Classes resume on Thursday January 2
Fascial Ball Rolling with Janice Kalyta, RMT
Sunday December: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Add ball rolling technique to your health and rehab toolbox with Janice Kalyta of Magic Hands Human & K-9 Therapy
- Learn how to properly engage the fascia to release tension and stress throughout your body
- Beginners welcome. Great for athletes and non-athletes alike.